Skilled Plastic Fabricator
This position is for a skilled plastic fabricator. Potential cross-over expertise includes machine shop and wood shop training and advanced skills. Formal training preferred but not required.
Desired qualifications include:
- Ability to read drawings.
- Mechanical & machinery background.
- Ability to design and build tooling fixtures for various jobs.
- Set-up & operating experience.
- Product knowledge of various acrylics & plastics.
- Exceptional fabrication abilities with various types of acrylics.
For a look at the kind of work we do, visit www.tkmacrylics.com.
Duties of the position would include:
- Gluing, Heat Bending, Forming & Assembly of Acrylic Products for Customer requirements.
- Building of Tooling for various jobs.
- Maintenance of equipment & shop housekeeping.
- Some set-up of production equipment.
- Operation of machinery to complete daily production goals.
- Perform quality inspections of products.
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
The position could be structured in a variety of ways including as part-time or temp (directly with us or through an agency) but we'll also consider applications from candidates seeking a full-time position.
TKM is a small but growing, family-owned company in Akron, Ohio. Learn more about TKM on Facebook and Instagram or by visiting discovertkm.com and tkmacrylics.com.
Please, no inquiries in person, by phone, or through FaceBook Messenger.