Sales Manager/Leader - Plastics - Injection Molding - Chicago area
For over 20 years, our client has been a global leader in the plastics manufacturing industry providing technical business solutions for the simulation of injection molding processes. They are seeking a dynamic Sales Manager with strong mentoring and leadership skills to join the sales team based in their US HQ office in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. Although working as an individual contributor, the successful candidate will focus on coaching, training and mentoring technical service engineers as well as building trusting relationships with customers that lead to improvements in mold design for plastics injection molding. Additionally, this position will provide customer education and training in support of contract engineering services.
The purpose of the Sales Manager position is to assist in the growth of revenue particularly focused on service focused software sales for the plastic injection molding while also providing leadership for the technical team. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, organized and a great communicator. The Sales Manager will work closely with the engineering/technical service team to develop sales forecasts and goals, coordinate activities, while mentoring/coaching and managing the sales process. This position reports directly to the company President.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and develop annual sales budgets; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new customers by working with sales team members.
- Implement sales programs by developing sales action plans working with various groups ( i.e. Sales, Engineering, Support, Training.)
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate the sales team to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and action plan targets are met.
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals.
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of company’s relationship with them.
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for defined geography and accounts.
- Maintain data relative to accounts and activities and will document customer interactions through internal database system.
- BS degree in Business Management or Engineering.
- 3 - 5+ years proven outside value-added sales success in plastics or manufacturing environment.
- Track record of coaching and mentoring.
- Strong analytical skills for applying metrics and measurements in a sales environment.
- Ability to problem solve and thrive under pressure.
- Highly organized, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Background in manufacturing or technical related field.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
- Able to travel 25% overnight.