Global CPG industry icon recognized for excellence and high employee satisfaction seeks a progressive and proactive Safety, Health & Environmental Manager (SHE Mgr) for one of their flagship manufacturing sites north of Dallas (Wichita Falls area).
The primary purpose of this position is to grow the safety culture to achieve World Class Safety performance . Tactically deploys the strategy and safety vision for the team. Effectively executes against the strategy to elevate safety and environmental performance to world class levels at the site as a model for and leading the Business Unit Segment. Assesses, coaches and grows the plant EH&S team, enabling the talent, and skills necessary to drive continuous improvement towards world class safety and environmental performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Include, but not limited to)
- Plan-Promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture: Provide leadership and coaching to grow the leadership team, plant operations, plant safety committee, and direct reports, to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture that keeps the safety of employees a business value.
- Do- Standards, Technical Guidance: Grows SHE and operation team in the deployment, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Check- Audit Process: Manage and implement controls to monitor progress of EHS continuous improvement and compliance for the site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions. Grow efforts to minimize any legal regulatory activity from government authorities.
- Act- Training: Implement training strategies and course curriculum to advance the knowledge of the team including advancing Lean EHS.
- Plan-Key Performance Indicators: Provide guidance, interpretation and verification for KPI’s. Perform analysis of data (including behaviors, near miss and first aid cases) to identify trends and set targets in alignment with site & Corporate Goals, and develop proactive action plans / programs based on paredo analyses to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Engineering (and /or chemistry/ physical sciences) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Safety, Health & Environmental experience. (Strong air permits management and implementation.)
- Must have worked in a large manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated experience driving culture change.
- Previous managerial experience
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma EHS implementation at a large manufacturing location
- Experience with OSHA VPP, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Title V Air Permits preferred.
- Record of implementing and maintaining behavior based safety cultures
- Lean six sigma certified green or black belt preferred.
*** In addition to an attractive base salary, a lucrative bonus and industry leading benefits outstanding career development opportunity is offered. Apply now to learn what it's like to work for One of the World's Best.
KEYWORDS: EHS, EH&S, HSE, SHE, safety, EH&S, SH&E, HS&E,