Production Supervisor - Medical Devices 2nd Shift: 2:15pm - 1:15am M-Th
We are searching for a Production Supervisor for a highly regarded medical devices company in Wisconsin. This company is located in a growing suburban community of 35,000 in the Chicago-Milwaukee I-94 corridor within easy driving distance of Milwaukee to the north, Chicago to the south, and Madison to the west. It has been listed on Money Magazines "Top 100 Best Places to Live".
Our client is part of a large global chemical company and provides medical device contract manufacturing and support services to the healthcare industry worldwide. It specializes in silicone molding, precision medical extrusion of thermoplastics and silicone, and medical device assembly services.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering, technical or business discipline; candidates with AS degrees and strong applicable experience will be considered
- 5+ years of production management experience in manufacturing which includes distribution of work, scheduling, training, answering of questions related to work, problem solving, performance management and discipline
- Injection molding experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in medical devices
- Lean training and certification preferred
- Experience with case study, data acquisition and mathematical analysis and conclusion.
- Able to effectively make presentations in both large and small group settings.
- Strong communications skills
- A track record of accomplishment in leading and developing subordinates
The Production Supervisor will:
- Lead a team of 100+ in the manufacture of extruded and molded thermoplastic and rubber parts
- Monitor employees’ daily manufacturing for quality, conforming product.
- Monitor manufacturing of customer orders for timely shipment and workforce capacity analysis.
- Manage performance of manufacturing team
- Diagnosing manufacturing problems and recommending corrective and preventive actions.
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product quality.
- Understand and follow the SOP’s pertaining to the specific area.