PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
Design and development of new product concepts and detailed designs with design guidelines, capabilities for process and tooling, and six sigma quality standards. Creates and manage DFMEA, CAD models, product drawings, product specifications, FEA verification, physical part validation plans, etc. Communicate and support APQP in a cross-functional team.
• Conceptualizes, and generates robust designs to drive market application solutions utilizing internal product guidelines in collaboration with cross-functional engineering team comprised of material, tooling, manufacturing, and quality.
• Develops and manages technical documentation including CAD models, product drawings, tolerance stack-ups, special characteristics, DFMEA, D/PVP&R, technical reports, and customer presentations.
• Conducts compliance review with internal team on received customer technical inputs such as product drawings, specifications, statement of requirements, and quality documents.
• Supports Marketing initiatives to achieve strategic growth and financial targets.
• Proactively participates in customer new product development teams and perform objective measurements utilizing tools such as VA/VE analysis.
• Define and execute product testing in agreement with customer engineering.
• Provides technical support to Corporate Sales and Marketing team.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with Application Engineers, Sales/Marketing and directly with customers, including customer visits as necessary.
• Participates in Lean Systems, Kaizens, 5-S, VA/VE, Six Sigma, DFSS, etc.
• Actively support ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 system and procedures
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering: BSME or Chem Eng
• 5+ years product design and molding experience in plastic or rubber
• Ability to conceptualize mechanical components and component interactions.
• Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Value Analysis/Value Engineering, Design of Experiments, Design for Six Sigma, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
• Create engineering drawings with geometric tolerancing and dimensioning (GD&T) and tolerance.
Knowledge of strength of materials, thermal effects on systems of components, and free body diagrams is required.
• A working knowledge of CAD is required, including solid modeling, simulation techniques (Finite Element Analysis/FEA), computer-aided design and engineering (CAE).
• Effective project management experience with the ability to manage own priorities and workload with minimal supervision.
No visa sponsorship.