Position: Mechanical/ Tooling Engineer
Company: A leading custom injection molder for over 50 years, they continue to grow with 9 facilities throughout the country. As a 100% employee-owned company, their 1,000 employees are also owners and fully invested in their future growth, which is projected to be between 5-10% per year through 2030. They serve diverse markets including appliance, automotive, building products, consumer products, and electronics, which helps them achieve steady growth without depending on one market segment.
We appreciate our employees by providing:
- Growth driven both organically from strategic acquisitions,
- The opportunity to have ownership in the company and to be a driver of that growth,
- There is a small-company entrepreneurial mindset with the advantage of being able to make decisions and move quickly, but backed by a strong balance sheet,
- Bonus, full medical benefits, and relocation assistance.
Your unique role with the company: Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering you will be involved in with the research, analyzing, design, specifications,feasibility, and maintenance of customer tool designs and applications.
- Develop new, revised, and inherited tooling from testing into production status.
- Quote tooling and coordinate test scheduling while selecting tool shop for the placement of new tooling or revisions.
- Customer interface by being the liaison and participating in tool design and pre production meetings.
- Assist manufacturing with tooling issues on existing tools and equipment.
- Review test results and evaluate, suggest and implement tooling and process improvement
What we are looking for in a Candidate:
- Mechanical background with previous injection molding tooling engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience in CAD, and Moldflow with a BS in engineering, OR relevant experience .