Automotive Quality Engineer
Job Code ( 6650)
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00
Industry: Automotive Tier #1
Must have stable career path
This tier 1 non-union automotive supplier is seeking a Quality Engineer for their facility. This individual will plan and perform typical quality activities such as PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, Gage R & R, Cpk charting, APQP and problem solving. Develop and implement quality standards for processes, products, and raw materials.
· Work directly with customers and subcontractors to plan, develop, and implement typical quality activities such as PPAP, Control Plans and SIR.
· Write and implement quality system standards, procedures and work instructions.
· Plan and perform typical quality duties such as Gage R & R, Cpk, SPC, 5P, and Corrective Action and Preventive Action activities.
· Analyze problems with products, processes or systems and develop and implement timely solutions. Determine disposition material or product that is suspect or nonconforming.
· Train quality department and other personnel.
· Assure timely and successful completion of APQP and Launch activities.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, and departments and groups such as Operations and Advanced Engineering.
· Monitor and report quality function performance as required.
· Perform other projects and duties as assigned by the Quality Manager and Corporate Quality Manager.
· Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience in quality engineering.
· ASQ certification in quality engineering or four (4) years experience in automotive industry type quality elements (e.g. PPAP, FMEA, SPC and Control Plans).